Checklist for a good ride with broadpeak.io
- Prepare your source(s) and content(s) to be ready to operate with broadpeak.io.
- Connect your CDN and define the right rules and policies to ensure an optimized delivery.
- Check that your player is compatible with broadpeak.io's workflows and contextualized manifests.
- Create your Virtual Channel service using the UI of the web app, or broadpeak.io API Reference.
- Automate your scheduling system using broadpeak.io API Reference.
Whether you are just starting to use the Virtual Channel application or you are already a guru, you will find in this section a summary of how to get your system to operate successfully with broadpeak.io. broadpeak.io usually operates in an environment which contains the following functions:
- Content encoding and origination: the component responsible for preparing and originating the original and source content.
- Programming/Scheduling system: the component responsible for programming the schedule of the virtual channel.
- Content Delivery Network: the component responsible to deliver the media in the best possible way.
- Streaming/Playback: the device and software (application/player) responsible for retrieving, decoding and playing downloaded media.
When it comes to retrieving original media manifests and deliver contextualized media manifests, broadpeak.io operates in pull mode. This means that broadpeak.io retrieves original media manifests using the HTTP GET method, and expects external system to retrieve contextualized manifests also using the HTTP GET method.
Updated 3 months ago